As I currently work on a distributed team and we’re trying to do more and more pair programming I decided that it’s time to give Emacs a try again. Using tmate in combination with either Emacs or Vim seems to be the way to go due to the lower latency than a proper screen sharing solution.
Right now my Emacs configuration is rather basic, but I think it could be a good starting point for other people, too. This is why I made it available as a Github project.
If you have any problems with it let me know and more importantly (at least for me personally) if you notice anything that I should do differently I’d love to hear from you.